Procede Software is proud to announce the release of the Service Web App v1.0, an innovative service optimization solution for our dealership customers. Service Web App adds to our extensive list of role-based applications that enhance the Excede® Dealer Management System (DMS) functionality.
Service Web App v1.0 provides users with multiple web-based service tools combined seamlessly into one application. Tools in this first release include Work Room for work status display in service shops, Wait Room to focus attention on the needs of waiting customers, and a Dashboard to highlight key issues and concerns.
Service Web App offers several notable enhancements compared to Service Board, its predecessor, including:
- Single Sign-on (SSO): Permits users to conveniently navigate from one application to the next without any additional login requirements.
- Kiosk Mode: Allows for multi-user viewing by disabling all features that are not appropriate for multi-user display and workflow.
- Automatic Scrolling: Enables service technicians to view the status of their work without having to manually scroll or change their screen size.
- Automatic Branch Rotation: Enhances efficiency by utilizing an “in-session” setting that auto-rotates through all branches of the dealership.
“Dealerships are increasingly focused on improving customer service, decreasing vehicle downtime, and optimizing shop efficiency. The Service Web App is just one more solution to help Excede® DMS customers reach these goals,” said Shawn Butler, Director of Product Marketing and Strategy.
A group of 12 dealership customers participated in the Service Web App v1.0 Insider Program, which provided Procede Software with valuable feedback about this new product, and ensured that it was customized to suit its dealership customers’ needs.
One Insider, Bill Smiewec, Director of Warranty at West Michigan International, commented, “The Service Web App Work Room and Wait Room are simple but robust monitoring applications that enforce the communication between service office staff and technicians.” Smiewec continued, “It almost acts as a checks-and-balances between them and offers a simple look from a management standpoint of what is going on, how well it is being done and where we have deficiencies that need to be addressed. This is a great starting platform for the tools that are needed to be able to efficiently and effectively manage a service department. We’d definitely recommend utilizing the Service Web App to anyone looking for a quick and easy way to help monitor and manage workflow in a busy service department environment.”
The Service Web App v1.0 is now available to all Procede Software customers on Excede v9.22 or higher.
Ready to Get Started? If your dealership is ready to start taking advantage of the Service Web App v1.0, please contact us or learn more in one of the following ways:
- For customers who do not already have Service Board and want information about pricing details and technical requirements for the Service Web App v1.0, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For customers already contracted for Service Board, and/or who want to upgrade to Excede v9.22 to ensure compatibility, please schedule your transition to the Service Web App v1.0 by submitting a work order request via the Procede Software Customer & Resources Portal.