Procede Software is pleased to announce the general release of our latest Service department solution, Mobile Time Clock! Now, mobile Service Technicians can utilize full support of the main features and functionality available in our Time Clock Web App, all from the convenience of their iOS or Android phone or tablet.
Heavy-duty truck dealerships are more frequently deploying mobile Service Technician teams, facilitating roadside repairs and increasing vehicle uptime for their customers, while generating more revenue streams for their Parts and Service departments. Procede Software recognized the need for a mobile application that would empower Service Technicians to provide exceptional customer service by allowing them to access Service jobs, whether they are at the dealership or out on the road.
Mobile Time Clock offers:
- A complete interface, allowing mobile Service Technicians to remotely punch into attendance and shop clocks and enter labor guide information for Service jobs – all from their mobile device. This enables mobile Service Techs to easily record their work while performing repair jobs remotely and eliminates the need for them to carry a laptop.
- Access to the vehicle’s complete Service history across all dealer branches (including Technician remarks) to see previously performed work. This provides mobile Service Technicians with full visibility to see if the vehicle’s current issue is related to a past one, resulting in faster resolution times and greater operational efficiency.
- The ability to upload and store images related to the Service work performed on the Repair Order (RO). This facilitates compliance with OEM warranty programs and enables mobile Service Technicians in identifying the need for additional Service or Parts.
- Email notifications can be sent to the dealership via Data Insight, to request additional Service or Parts to complete the repair. Notifications also allow the mobile Service Technician to notify Service Advisors and Back Counter Parts teams about issues blocking them from completing their work.
- Real-time sync of mobile Service Technician labor information with the Excede database, providing the dealership with an up-to-date record of the work performed, as well as accurate data for RO invoicing and customer billing.
Mobile Time Clock is accessible through Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge web browsers on compatible Apple iOS and Android mobile devices. With workspace permissions, Service Managers can limit which Technicians are able to use the application. For added security, a mobile iOS/Android VPN or SSL/TLS certificate is recommended when using Mobile Time Clock.
Please note, Mobile Time Clock and Time Clock Web App are separate from Legacy Time Clock, which is a desktop app estimated to retire in July 2022.
Get Started Today
To request Mobile Time Clock, submit a work order request through our Customer & Resources Portal (login required). Mobile Time Clock is compatible with Excede v10.1 and above. Please note, a one-time setup fee will apply.
To learn more:
- Log in to our eLearning Portal and enroll in the Mobile Time Clock online course. This three-part lesson covers an overview of the application along with sessions for punching in/out, options and features, and adding images.
- The lessons can also be viewed on a mobile device using the Absorb Learning Mobile App, available on your App or Google Play Store. Once you’ve downloaded the Absorb Learning Mobile App, enter: elearning.procedesoftware.com as the URL and log in to your eLearning account with your credentials. An added benefit of using the Absorb Learning Mobile App is that it provides a similar experience to using Mobile Time Clock in real life.
- Log in to our Customer & Resources Portal to read the Product Guide and download the Mobile Time Clock Data Sheet.